Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Word Clouds are cool!

I'm still in the process of synthesizing all of the information on my chosen blogs, but so you can get an idea of my process, I've posted links to the keyword clouds I've generated for each blog. A keyword cloud generator is a web program that condenses all of the content of a blog in a virtual representation, where the size of any given article of text corresponds with how many times that word appears in the blog's content. I'll be using these keyword clouds to help me choose topics for analysis. At this point in time, my blogging will get a little tricky; there is just so much to sift through on these eleven sites.

Keyword clouds sound a little confusing, but they're actually a brilliantly simple way to search through all of the text in a blog. Try it yourself, if you'd like. Just go to this website, and type in the URL of any given website. The result is an easy-to-analyze content representation of that website. God, isn't the internet awesome? Anyway, here are links to my keyword clouds for each blog:

TreeHugger

EcoGeek

Worldchanging


Grist

The Lazy Environmentalist


Dot Earth

Green Options

New Scientist

Real Climate

Eco-Street

De Smog Blog


And just because I think word clouds are cool, here's one for my own website.

No comments: